CPT 99391 code is utilized to perform regular comprehensive preventive medicine reevaluation and management of infants younger than 1-year-old.
Related Article: 11740 CPT code description
Documentation requirements for CPT code 99391
Healthcare providers must document the following:
- Patient’s age and gender
- Date of the visit
- Specific services provided
- Patient’s medical history
- Physical examination findings
- Counseling/anticipatory guidance/risk factor reduction interventions
- Laboratory/diagnostic procedures ordered
How many times can you bill 99391 in a year?
No limits, but it is mostly used once a year.
How often should infants have well-baby visits?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that infants have well-baby visits at 2 weeks old, 4 weeks old, 6 weeks old, 9 weeks old, 4 months old, 6 months old, 9 months old, 12 months old, 15 months old, 18 months old, 24 months old, and 30 months old.